Saturday 31 January 2015

Smile at your Pimples


Print
It was 7 am. I was still sleepy, struggling to open my eyes. Just five more minutes, a voice said. And I obeyed. It was 8 when I again got into my senses and finally decided to get up. I rolled my hand over face and discovered something bumpy near my chin. Oh no! Not again!! Another pimple!! I stood in front of the mirror and scrutinized my face as if it has done some crime. Well at least my looks and my expressions were saying so. It was count 3 then. Makes me wonder, am I it's favourite that it’s comes to meet me every other day?! 


I was about 10 when I'd heard about pimple, but never really understood what it is. A small mark on my face, and a question was ready for my mother, "Is this a pimple?". "You're too young child to have pimples. They come in your teen years. It's just a small daana which will go in a day", said my mother. What is it like to have pimples? I saw my friends and cousins having them and cursing it all the time.

During my entire teenager, I never encountered a single pimple. Lucky me, they say. But not lucky enough, as they've became my friends lately. The only set of friends who I hate. Actually. The pain that they cause, to the person whose having it and to the person who has to look at it, while meeting a pimple face. Well yes, it's not a problem for the both sides. Both the parties have equal trouble. Don’t touch it.. and wash your face five times a day, eat fruits, eat salad, drink lots and lots of water, apply this.. apply that..!! M sick.. literally from  all of it.. Everyone has one advice to give. At least. Or may be it’s not the advice that sucks. It’s the eye contact, which people hesitate to make. The only place where their eyes stop by, are at the pimples. Which reminds, Oh! You have pimples.. how dare you forget about them?! But dun worry, I'm here, I won't let you get away with it so easily. 

Here..I have some facts to mention-

1. Most of us believe pimples are for kids. Not true. Research says approximately, 8 million people see the dermatologist every year, lying in the age group of 20-50.

 So have a life, you’re not the only one

2.   Breakouts do not improve by washing your face multiple times. It does removes the excess oil and dirt but washing your face again and again will have the opposite effect. Too much cleansing might cause irritation in the skin and make it worse.

3.  Make up is not all to be blamed. It’s always safe to sample a bit of product and test on your skin whether it suits you or not. Some cosmetic products might cause irritation and give trouble, but this is also not necessarily true.

4. Some organic products do cause pimples. So next when you advise someone to use organic products, please have a check at that.

The exact cause of pimple is still unknown. There are various theories and experiments which give a good insight on pimples, but the primary cause is still unknown. Getting back to having pimples on your beautiful visage, I say it’s a lot more inside that ruins stuff rather than what it looks like outside. I have seen people avoiding meetings or parties or important functions. Or even if they have attended, the only centre of attraction is the sensation that keeps coming and leaving the pain behind while talking, eating, smiling, etc, etc. And thus, the question, “Isn’t my face looking weird coz of this pimple?” Very ubiquitous you must be thinking. People start abstaining themselves from coffee, dairy products, bread, sugar, nuts, spicy food, and what not! To an extent its fine but getting finicky over everything is where it starts taking a toll.
I think it’s more of the support system that you have that helps you get over the acne problem. Not reminding constantly about having them solves half of the problem. The rest can be worked out by bringing out a few lifestyle changes. If one is prone to acne, no matter what, they will come sometime or the other. It’s the positivity and confidence in yourself, the happiness and being carefree that will mitigate this viscous circle!

So smile at yourself and be the sunshine for everyone.


No pimples, No marks.This post is written for the GarnierPure Active Neem Face wash powered by Indiblogger.

Happy Reading

Cheers 

2 Discussion

  1. A good one. I just battled one. The easiest way to survive a breakout is by ignoring it and never touching it. Leaves soon without a mark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah.. well said Red. My battle seems never ending right now.. :P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by :)

Select to parse the code (not required if code is already parsed):

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A to Z 2019

#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary badge

Follow on Insta!

Instagram Follow on Instagram

Connect @ Facebook

About Me

Boisterous Bee
View my complete profile
© Geetika Gupta. Powered by Blogger.

All Time Favorites

Footsteps

Featured post

R- Rogue

It was my last semester in college. Finally, completing the fashion designing course was like a dream come true. I remember the day four y...

See what they're Talking

Labels

#AtoZChallenge (73) Happiness (53) Dreams (40) Feelings and Emotions (39) Love (35) Fun (33) Poetry (33) AtoZChallenge (31) YeahWrite (31) 101 words (30) Blogchatter (29) Expressions (28) Haiku (28) A to Z Challenge 2016 (27) NoMo (27) Life (26) Musings (23) HonestPost (22) Fiction (21) #WriteTribe (20) Random (20) #MondayMusings (18) Hope (18) Positivity (18) Thoughts (18) Family (17) Society (17) Writing (16) Reflections (15) Relationship (15) Struggle (15) Cherish (14) Friendship (14) Contentment (13) Creativity and Inspiration (12) Half Marathon (12) woman (12) Blogadda (11) Sad (11) Magpie Tales (10) Playful (10) Passion (9) Poster (9) Travel (9) Friday Reflections (8) Gratitude Circle (8) Microblog Mondays (8) Wordy Wednesday (8) Love for Myself (7) MicroFiction (7) Self-doubt (7) Students (7) Work (7) Connection (6) Conservatism (6) Reality (6) Social cause (6) Class (5) Courage (5) Dating (5) Exciting (5) Inspiration (5) Parenting (5) Women Empowerment (5) Birthdays (4) Togetheness (4) WOW (4) my take (4) #100 words onSaturday (3) Award (3) Betrayal (3) Disconnected (3) Food (3) Friday Fictioneers (3) Gift (3) Hurt (3) Karma (3) Published (3) Routine (3) Tears (3) recognition (3) 42 words (2) Coffee (2) Dog's love (2) Fear (2) Feminism (2) Guilty (2) Humour (2) Kiss (2) New Years (2) Silence (2) Surprise (2) Wordless Wednesday (2) Writer's Ezine (2) Book Review (1) Farewell (1) IndiBlogger (1) Resolutions (1) Revenge (1) Sunday Stealing (1) Visual Verse (1) Womensweb (1)

AddToAny